Branding. So much things go into this aspect of owning a business. If you are a business owner who has decided to go down this route, one of the first few things you have to think of is having your own logo. You might think that this is an elementary part of things, but establishing a logo is necessary to have recall for your business.
A logo will be your visual representation of what you have to offer. Humans are very visual creatures! While your pets such as cats and dogs rely on their sense of smell, you have a better recognition of things because of your sense of sight. A logo is your graphic representation of your business, and it can be your clients’ way of having a visual mental representation of your brand’s name.
The Qualities of a Good Logo
While some logos look very simple—almost as if they weren’t thought of, good and lasting logos which are known by most people were carefully crafted to be easily recognizable. Here are the qualities of good logos that you can put to use when making one for your pet-related business.
· Relevance – Make your logo relevant to your business. If you are a supplier of pet toys and accessories, pick a popular and easy to recognize object which can be associated to a general feel of “accessories.” Make your logo speak for what you have to offer.
· Initials – If there aren’t any images you can think of, you can always use the actual name of your business as your logo. You can use the initials which are strategically placed beside or even on top of each other, or use the whole name in your own custom type-face.
· Simplicity – Complex logos can be hard to recall. Remember the popular saying that less is more. Summarize your business by having a simple logo which is relevant to your business while not overcrowding it with too many details.
· Colors – Colors play a big role on your logo’s overall look. Use a color wheel when picking which colors would look good with each other. Bright colors like yellow and orange can exude fun and youthfulness while darker colors like navy blue, purple, and browns can signify a more serious aura. Of course, the appeal that your logo would exude would remain on its overall appearance. Keep in mind as well that you should also be prepared for black and white printing, and that your logo should still be recognizable in black and white.
· Originality – The most important factor when making a logo is your originality. Make sure you have a catchy image or layout of words and initials when making your logo. Even a simple paw silhouette can become your very own when you decide to add your personal touch to it.
Have consistency and use your logo on all of your leaflets, receipts, packaging, business spaces, and products that you have available for sale. This way, you increase recognition for your brand, and have a positive recall for your products or services.
Additional resources on why your logo can pay off
Once you have your new company logo designed be sure to protect it by registering your Servicemark / Trademark.Google+